Saturday, March 16, 2013

Welcome to my Tri world

Finally.  After months of threatening ...this mad girl who's gone tri mad - is now blogging about her training and travels.

Some may yawn, some may laugh, some may be my worst critics ...but one thing is for sure my true Tri buds will read on and laugh (hopefully) as I share my experiences and adventures of training and travel as I embark on my long journey towards Ironman status.

Before I start, let me clear one thing up.  I will not be getting one of those Ironman tattoos to celebrate this feat (that's if I even make it round the course). And I certainly won't be booking another one again in a hurry. I'm thinking my body will have endured enough pain.  But lets just see. Never say never.  I never thought I fall in love with running. But I have.  Hook. Line. And. Sinker. Lets hope the love is still alive after my first attempt at a marathon on April 14th!

Ironman? For all of you non-triathlete people reading.  It's just a little 3.86km swim, that's 2.4 miles for you old timers, a 180.25km (112 miles) bike ride with a marathon run (26.2 miles - 42.2km) tagged on the end for good luck.  I figured if I get round the Brighton Marathon route I'm more than half way there.

So... 2015 is the year of the Ironman.  2013 the year of the Marathon and dozens of triathlons and running events ...and 2014 is The Eye of the Tiger... Ha, not really but has a ring to it and I will be in the Ironzone!

Thanks for reading my first post.  I'm currently Barefoot in Barbados and there's a beach waiting for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment